From VoIP.ms Wiki
What is DISA ?
Direct Inward System Access ( DISA ) allows you to use our system for placing outgoing calls, even if you are not close to any device where you are registering your account or sub account. In this case you just would need to dial to your DID number and to provide a 4 digits PIN number, then you can dial out to any number in the world under our termination rates.
How you can create a DISA entry
1) Please login on the customer portal, then go to DID numbers -> DISA. There you will see this:
2) Once you click on button "Add DISA" you will be able to see this:
- DISA Name: Here you can enter the name which best describes this entry.
- DISA PIN: It is a 4 digits number that you will need to provide in order to get dial tone.
- Digit Timeout: The maximum amount of time( in seconds ) our system will wait between digits.
- CallerID Number Override: Here you can set the number you want that people receive when you dial out from DISA.
3) Once you enter all this information, you would need to click on button "Save" to see DISA entry in this way:
Where you can use a DISA entry
You can use a DISA entry for:
1) Routing your DID number.
2) Pointing one extension of a Digital Receptionist ( IVR ).
3) Setting as destination into a Time Condition, or
4) Routing a call according what you set on the CallerID Filtering.
IMPORTANT NOTE : From DISA you can dial out to any number, including a Speed Dial Entry you have created in your Phone book. For example: *75XX and then press the pound key (#) or simply wait for the duration of the "Digit Time-out", and our system will place the call. After you enter your PIN Number and get the Dial Tone on a phone please just dial your number and wait for the call to initiate. Do Not hit your call button on the phone this may result in the call going over your other Provider's Network.
How calls will be billed using DISA?
The cost of these calls will depend of the billing plan of your DID number (per minute or flat rate), the destination of the outgoing call and the time of the call. For example:
1) If you have a DID number under per minute plan with a rate for incoming of $0.0100 (per minute) and this number is routed to DISA, when someone calls and places an outgoing call for 1 minute to a Canadian number the cost will be:
A -> $0.0100 + $0.0052 = $0.0152 [value routing], or
B -> $0.0100 + $0.0100 = $0.0200 [premium routing].
2) If you have a DID number under flat rate plan with a rate for incoming of $0.00 (per minute) and this number is routed to DISA, when someone calls and places an outgoing call for 1 minute to a Canadian number the cost will be:
C -> $0.00 + $0.0052 = $0.0052 [value routing], or
D -> $0.00 + $0.0100 = $0.0100 [premium routing].